I’m calling bullshit.
On you. On me. On every one of us, Diamond Bitches. On anyone who claims they’re Badass’D, yet aren’t fully fucking showing up in their business or their fucking life.
We know what it takes. But we let shit tell us we don’t have it or there are other things that come first.
Or that someone else is already doing it.
Or the biggest lie, yet: I’m doing everything I can be doing.
The fact is, if you are? You’re Kat Fucking Loterzo.
If you aren’t booked out the ass, if you aren’t creating constantly and consistently, if you aren’t going to bed at night, having completed the things that HAVE to be done to build a goddamn empire, you are NOT doing all you can.
In Dani and my weekly ass-kicking session, I called myself out because I SHOULD be doing 10x more than I do.
Daily client deliveries, daily marketing protocol, daily creating for YOU, daily prep for tomorrow, daily prep for TODAY. It all has to be done.
I get sidetracked. I let ideas take me away from the plan I worked up on Sunday. I flip from one page to the next with my 14 tabs open (props to you people who can function with more tabs open than that - makes me insane-R).
But all that loss of focus you have? Is the same thing as throwing fucking money in the trash and watching that shit burn - think about that next time you’re watching that Whiny Wine Dude, whatever the fuck his name is.
How the fuck to fix it
Find your weakness and annihilate it.
- Use a Focus Sheet you fill out before you ever even open you laptop. This is a very technical form that’s actually a blank piece of paper where you jot 3-5 things you want to accomplish.
- Keep a blank piece of paper by your side for ideas that pop in your head while you’re working whatever you’re working on. Address them later. NOT while you’re trying to tick those 3-5 things off.
- Use manageable blocks of time. I like 90 minutes. 25 if I’m feeling a little ADDish.
- Use the Pomodoro Timer.
- Write in an editing software only.
- Separate research from writing. And writing from editing. Never all at the same time.
- Plan that content you want to write before starting.
Bosses, CEOs, Diamond Bitches all do one thing: FOCUS.
They manage their time like a miser. And that’s what it takes.
“Okay, I’ve got to create X. I’ve got to create Y. I’ve got Z to do.” Get that shit done. Then answer emails, messages, phone calls, notifications, whatevs.
What you should be creating daily:
- Course content
- Social posts
- Showing up in social
- Perfection in your fucking craft
End of fucking rant. Now. Go create like a motherfucker.
I’m off to create Diamonds. If you’re ready for them, if you’re ready to bathe yourself and your world in them? Evolve.